Website Privacy and Legal Information
Blackhurst Garages has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site.
Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications, this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle.
G Blackhurst & Son (Whitchurch) Ltd take your privacy very seriously, it is important for us that you feel safe and secure when handing over your personal data.
- Who we are
- What information we collect
- How we use personal information
- Legal basis to process your information
- When do we share your data
- Where do we store your data
- How do we secure your data
- How long do we store your data
- Your rights in relation to your data
Who we are?
G Blackhurst & Son ( Whitchurch) Ltd act as a data controller and processor under the GDPR, any queries please contact Bertie at 69 Wrexham Road Whitchurch SY13 1HT 01948662237, firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect?
G Blackhurst & Son ( Whitchurch) Ltd collects data which includes but is not exclusive to:
- Full Name
- Telephone numbers
- Mobile numbers
- Email addresses
- Date of Birth
- Bank details
- Employment history
- Vehicle details ie Make, VRM
This data will be collected by employees of G Blackhurst & Son via telephone, in person or via online messaging or forms. All methods are secure and protected to the best of our ability.
G Blackhurst & Son may also collect data from third parties, namely approved partners such as Ford UK, FCE Bank PLC and RCI Financial Services.
Highly sensitive and financial data is never kept longer than required, ie the time to conclude the business, any data collected of this manor is destroyed appropriately and is only retained by the appropriate third party. Data collected from the likes of the named third parties may include, basic financial information regarding specific agreements ie settlement figures and monthly payments. Along with any contact information held by the third party.
How do we use personal information?
G Blackhurst & Son will use personal data stored and or collected in the following ways.
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- carrying out polls and surveys
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
- Finance, Warranty and Service plan applications
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of G Blackhurst & Son, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers.
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting G Blackhurst & Son Ltd, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to G Blackhurst & Son Ltd;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against G Blackhurst & Son; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
When do we share personal data?
G Blackhurst & Son will only share your data when required either contractually or legally. Approved third parties include but are not exclusive to:
- Ford UK
- FCE Bank PLC
- RCI Financial Services
- EMAC Ltd
The sharing of personal details with these third parties will be for the purpose of applying for financial products, contractual obligations to our manufactures, or application for warranty or service products among other reasons not mentioned.
Your data will be protected by the third parties’ own policies along with the secure means of communication with specific third parties ie secure web applications or encrypted mailing.
Where do we store, process and secure personal data?
Digital data is stored within the UK by Kevin James Ltd see http://www.kjltd.co.uk/it-security-management/ for details of storage security. Access to G Blackhurst & Son’s database is via secure internet connection. Hard copies of personal details ie deal files or service job cards are securely locked away at night and are kept away from public access during office hours.
Any details which are not required to be store past the timescale of the service/sale will be secured in the same way as above during this time and will be destroyed by shredding and deletion of digital copies once the business is complete. Data cleanses will carried out annually to ensure no data is missed. Archive files are secured off site in a secure premises and are routinely destroyed in accordance with our aging data policy set out below
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Personal data will be held for an appropriate amount of time without further contact or updates, this period will not exceed 6 years with no correspondence with the individual.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Use of automated decision-making and profiling
Automated marketing is produced in way of reminders of notable events ie service and MOT or end of finance contract.
How to contact us?
Contact can be made through www.blackhurstgarages.co.uk
Telephone 01948662237 or 01948662257
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Blackhurst Garages, or otherwise used by Blackhurst Garages as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Blackhurst Garages or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Blackhurst Garages reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Blackhurst Garages reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Blackhurst Garages be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of this site.
All names, images, logos identifying Blackhurst Garages are proprietary marks of Blackhurst Garages. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. Blackhurst Garages does not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Blackhurst Garages does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold esponsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of Blackhurst Garages and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and tested at all stages of production, but - as with all new software - we still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the software. Blackhurst Garages cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing any software on a networked computer.
Aggregated Site Usage Statistics
Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
Essential Site Features
Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device in order to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly.
Complimentary Site Features
For more information about cookies, please visit: ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Blackhurst Garages reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.